The Alabama Public Health Association aspires to be the recognized leader and key resource on public health issues and policy in Alabama and the clearinghouse for public health education with a broad and diverse membership of citizens and organizations.
The Alabama Public Health Association, Inc., is an association of individuals and organizations interested in public health in Alabama. The mission of the Association is to
• Link individuals and organizations in addressing public health issues;
• Advocate public health policy;
• Support the education of it’s members and the public on public health issues; and
• Enhance the ability of it’s members to promote and protect personal, environmental and community health.
1. To develop organization structure to ensure the administrative continuity of the Association through a new Executive Officer and increased financial status.
2. To expand membership of the Association from 500 to 1000 members.
3. To become the public health education, information, and policy clearinghouse in Alabama through a central database and marketing of training and position papers.
4. To establish leadership in the formulation and advocacy of public health policy in Alabama.
5. To be recognized as the organization that links individuals and organizations in addressing public health issues in Alabama.
The AlPHA Board of Directors will continue to evaluate and revise the time lines for implementation of the identified goals. Your comments, thoughts, and ideas are encouraged as we seek to further develop our association. Please take a few moments to review the components of the strategic plan and share your comments. If you would like to see the full Strategic Planning document (a work in progress), please click here. All comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.